Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support
Job title: Service Desk Analyst - Managed Services
A great opportunity to work with a leading IT service provider. The role is to provide first line support across a wide range of technologies, ideally resolving issues at first line but, if not possible, escalating to the appropriate technical resolver group.
- Use technical knowledge to affect remote ticket resolutions.
- Ensuring tickets are correctly logged and categorised on the service desk system.
- Take responsibility for tickets through the whole incident management process, ensuring resolution within service level agreements and escalating when potential breaches may occur.
- Ensure customers are kept updated on ticket progress.
- Centrally manage engineer’s movements and availability.
- Help develop and produce statistical data on incident management performance.
Key technical skills required:
- Knowledge of basic support of Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of basic support for Microsoft Office toolsets
- Active Directory Administration - Password resets, unlocking, etc.
- Basic all-round troubleshooting skills
- Experience of working in a First-line Support Department
- Experience of providing support via telephone and e-mail
- Awareness of network environments (routing/switching/VLANS/Security/Wireless/etc.)
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to work un-supervised, on own initiative
- Must have good communications skills
- Must be a logical thinker
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to share information
- Be confident in both spoken and written communications
- An excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Someone who likes to keep up to date with the latest technology
- Can meet deadlines and maintain high standards even when under pressure
Services advertised by Mabella Recruitment Ltd are those of an employment business.