Tool Room Operative / Tooling Engineer
Tool Room Operative / Tooling Engineer – Mere - £28k
My client, an established and growing family owned manufacturing business is looking to recruit a Tool room operative / Tooling Engineer to join their engineering team. The successful tool room operative will be working a 44 hour week Monday to Friday and will be working in a brand new factory.
Overview of the role:
The Purpose of the Role is to assist the Engineering team with manufacture of component parts for machinery, and the design and manufacture of fixtures, Jigs and tooling, along with assisting on maintenance and improvement projects as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manufacture new component parts for the companys machinery
- Modify or Repair component parts for machines and general equipment
- Design and Manufacture fixtures, clamps, jigs and general tooling for the manufacturing areas.
- Assist with any new guarding or general equipment required for the manufacturing departments
- To support any maintenance and improvement projects required around the business
- Have knowledge of CNC machining techniques and general machining for Lathes and Mills
- To advise on any new tool room equipment required and report any non-functioning equipment to the Engineering Manager
The successful Tooling Engineer will have
- A relevant Engineering shop floor qualification (NVQ-CNC) or Engineering Apprenticeship
- Be experienced in Manual Milling and Turning , Precision grinding
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings and create drawings from component parts
- Significant amount of experience in an engineering tool room environment