Worldwide market leading multinational automation and pneumatics company are seeking Mechanical Engineering CAD Drafter to design all aspects of new products. You will need to have 2 years + experience the company offers excellent training and career progression!!!
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience), superb career and technical progression available, Bonus Scheme, Pension, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
• To support the Design team in creating cost effective design solutions for specific customer requests promptly and accurately.
• To be actively involved in the management of controlled drawings.
• To create 3D models of standard component parts.
• Building technical credibility and good relationships with subsidiaries and customers.
• To produce Engineering manufacturing drawings from design layout and general assembly drawings promptly and accurately
• Provide time estimates and schedules and ensuring timely completion of projects.
• Preparation of supporting production documentation including the following: Customer/assembly/manufacturing drawings, bills of materials, assembly procedures, cost estimations and quotations.
• Provide support for production and manufacturing.
• Participation on other Engineering projects with supervision from Engineer/Designer.
Required for this position
• Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or Degree (Preferred)
• ONC in Mechanical and Production Engineering (Preferred)
• 2D CAD drafting experience (AUTOCAD preferred)
• 3D CAD experience (Not essential, training provided in solid works)
• Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
• PC skills: minimum MS Word and Excel.
• Experience of working in a design environment
• Ability to create manufacturing drawings from design layouts
• Experience of geometric tolerances and dimensioning
• Knowledge of manufacturing components using milling machine and lathe machine tools
• A good understanding of Engineering principles and methods
Interested please apply now and we will be happy to recommend you!