Multi Skilled Engineer
Multi-Skilled Engineer - Stockton-on-Tees - 3 shift rotation - Competitive salary + Shift allowance
Your new company
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a well known manufacturing business based in Teesside, who are also the 2nd largest company within their market. Our client is currently working towards becoming the global leader in the sector.
Your new role
Your role is a key part to work within the company ensuring that the operating assets for the business function at the correct levels of cost, quality and delivery.
You will be accountable for:
- Attending plant breakdowns, ensuring problems are resolved quickly and to a high standard
- Participate fully in all change over activities to ensure the customer demand is achieved
- Provide 5 Why diagnosis and countermeasures for each breakdown attended in order to drive improved long term performance.
- Completing the actions arising from 5 Why reports Carrying out Asset Care checks in alignment with your designated line programme.
- Utilising Condition Based Monitoring equipment (Air Leak Detection, Thermography and Vibration) to help predict failures along with a planned schedule to address the concerns.
- Analyse data and implement improvement projects to the assets you are assigned, in line with company policies
- Source and procure machinery parts to enable all engineering related activity to be completed
- Conduct planned maintenance to defined service schedules
- A role model in the development of and adherence to site safety behaviours
- Contribute fully to the development and deployment of the site Capability Workbook Initiative
- Constantly develop the existing planned maintenance activity to provide increased levels of OEE achievement
- Follow all policies and procedures including health & safety guidelines and food safety
- Participate in factory-wide continuous improvements activities.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be passionate about…
- Meeting and exceeding targets and KPI's for your assigned asset base
- Achieving maintenance excellence and world class OEE performance
- Learning new skills and adopting and developing new processes
- Maintaining and improving company standards in workplace organisation, personal safety and food safety.
- Continuous Improvement
- Meeting customer demand
- Implementing permanent countermeasures and controlling equipment settings and parameters to provide six sigma levels of quality
You will need to have:
- Proven experience of high speed packaging machines within an FMCG environment
- HNC/Degree level qualification in an Engineering discipline
- Multi skilled conversion - Level 3 Diploma in Engineering maintenance
- The ability to learn and develop
- A conscientious and flexible attitude and approach to work
- An understanding of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques
- Root cause and countermeasure training
- An understanding of Condition Based Monitoring tools and techniques
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Good levels of planning and self organisation
- Good practical problem solving skills
- A desire to hit your targets and deadlines
- Self starting Honest & trustworthy
- A safety first mind set
What you'll get in return
This role is a are 3 shift rotation pattern working 6-2/2-10 and 10-6 nights, the offer includes a competitive salary including shift allowance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.