JOB TITLE: PR Manager
With over 2,000 stores, over 41,000 staff and an estimated £2.1 billion turnover, there’s no doubting the fact that Arcadia Group is an established powerhouse on the UK high street. There are seven Arcadia brands – Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Topman and Wallis plus our out of town shopping concept Outfit.
As a strong support to the Group Brand Communications Director, you will help run the press office, devise PR plans and pitch stories. Your role is integral in building relationships internally and externally with media, partners and opinion formers.
- Support Group Brand Communications Director with media strategies and plans.
- Acting as an ambassador and spokesperson for the brand among key press and other relationship building where appropriate.
- Network relationships amongst wide range of media and opinion formers
- Being plugged into next zeitgeist always seeking opportunities to grow the brand & its profile.
- Protecting, enhancing & managing brand reputation among all stakeholders from consumer to press.
- Collaborating with all members of the Marketing & PR team to ensure cohesive marketing / PR programmes which are exploited to their full potential.
- Work with team to ensure the press office is run smoothly and professionally on a daily basis i.e. papers monitored, circulated as necessary, stories executed on time, press enquiries handled promptly.
- Managing the PR budget for respective Brand/s.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Passion for the Arcadia Group brand portfolio and strong customer demographic knowledge.
- The ability to shift focus to business priorities as needed and excited by change.
- Experience in setting clear departmental targets and goals.
- A proven track record at press management in a fashion in-house or agency environment.
- Able to combine an innovative approach with commercial ideas.
- Strong commercial understanding of fashion and youth culture.
- The capacity to build strong working relationships – both internally and externally.
- Experience of operating in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm, energy and determination to achieve results.
- Confidence to influence and present ideas at all levels within the company.
- Strong personal gravitas and confident at all levels and across multiple functions.
- A leader who pro-actively seeks, identifies and develops new opportunities.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Genuine desire to challenge the status quo and to constantly drive for personal and brand development.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80811744