Group Financial Accountant
Group Financial Accountant - Solihull - 45k - 50k
Are you making a first move into Industry and looking for a better work life balance within an organisation that offers multiple opportunities for progression?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting an Automotive organisation in Solihull who are recruiting for a Group Financial Accountant with a specific responsibility for the maintenance and development of the Group's financial control systems and reporting of the Group's financial performance in accordance with the business need and applicable statues and standards.
This role will report into a practice trained Financial Controller who is keen to pass on a wealth of knowledge to ensure that the person moving into this role will have the necessary support to ensure they are successful. The Group Finance team has a variety of departments, which ensures that progression is a realistic option. There are multiple examples of individuals making sideways moves into FP&A or Business Partnering teams to provide the skillset needed to take on a senior position in the future. The culture has been built around communication, and the Finance team are big advocates of resolving issues and answering queries face to face rather than via phone or email (where possible). Being able to challenge and Influence will be essential for this role as stakeholders have strong opinions and expect that any information provided is broken down into easily digested information. The role will have the usual expectations from a Group Financial Accountant, however, the business is looking for a hands on individual who is happy to be involved in a wide range of ad hoc tasks and projects.
Flexibility is also there for the right person and a typical working day is between 9 - 5pm with an hour for lunch, however, late evenings and early starts may be required at month and year end. Day to day the role will offer exposure to financial management, statutory reporting, technical support, taxation, M&A activity and company secretarial responsibilities. It is an exciting time for the business due to a recent IPO, which has provided the leadership to look at potential acquisitions and new investments to ensure continued growth. For the right person, this role will provided them with the skillset needed to move into Financial Controller & Directors roles In the future.
Some of the day to day responsibilities of the Group Financial Accountant will include:
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller, provide the Group with an appropriate framework of financial policies, procedures and systems to ensure adequate financial control and the effective planning, monitoring and control of business performance. Support the group budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Provide technical support in the drafting of PLC interim and annual reporting and manage the preparation of subsidiary annual reports.
- Be recognised as the Group's technical expert for local and international accounting standards. Provide Group specific guidance as to potential impacts and alternative treatments of new and amended standards. Monitor and feed back on developments within the industry and competitors.
- Involvement in corporate aspects of the Group's business strategy (including mergers and acquisitions) by taking a supporting role in the financial, legal and fundraising aspects of such activity, including review/ conduct of due diligence and any post-acquisition integration.
- Group wide policies on transfer of goods and services meet the requirements of applicable local and international legislation and are appropriate to the size and complexity of the Group
Is the Group Financial Accountant in Solihull role right for me?
We are looking for somebody that is looking to develop within a large organisation and is keen to use their experience gained within practice in Industry. You will need to be Qualified ACA or ACCA with a wealth of experience in practice or in a technical role in Industry. Although this role is technically focused, it is essential anybody applying for the position is willing to build relationships across the business and is not afraid to challenge the status quo, with an aim of supporting change and pushing through best practice.
Group Financial Accountant in Solihull Package:
- £45,000 - £50,000
- 25 days holiday
- 10% Bonus