Graduate Planning and Regeneration internship
Job role: Graduate Planning and Regeneration internship (London borough of Waltham Forest)
An exciting 3 month internship opportunity has arisen for a planning graduate working in the Planning Policy Team, London Borough of Waltham Forest. Please ensure that you can travel to Walthamstow before applying for the position.
Please note that the deadline is Modnday 9th April 2018 at 11am.
You will provide support across our projects - in particular relating to data collection and analysis work and other administrative work.
Key tasks and deliverables of the internship include;
- Supporting our work on local plan preparation - information gathering and analysis
- Development monitoring - involving site visits and report writing
- Supporting plan consultation work - analysis of consultation responses, report writing
- Gathering land use information - involving land use survey work
- Preparation of maps and diagrams using GIS and other software
- Supporting other project work on developer contributions - S106 & CIL
The Planning Intern will have the opportunity to be involved in our projects on the new Local Plan, S106 Monitoring work, Community Infrastructure Levy, Neighbourhood Planning and Assets of Community Value.
The ideal candidate will preferably have a degree in Planning or be working towards such qualification. Alternatively, a degree in Geography or Environmental Studies will be considered, but the successful candidate should have demonstrable interest in planning.
The successful candidate will also need to have;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computing skills
- Excellent work ethic
- A proactive and hardworking approach
- The ability to work well within a team
- Excellent time management skills
£357 per week(Please note that the salary is fixed)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80823071