Product Designer / Furniture Designer
This brand leader in the manufacture of high-quality beautifully designed fitted kitchens and furniture supply through specialist retailers across the UK and direct to Housing Developers. Their purpose-built manufacturing complex uses the latest technology and computer-controlled facilities to create an exciting range of modern and classic kitchens that feature the very latest innovations and design features.
They now have an exciting new role to fill. As Product Designer you will take the lead in developing new products, controlling product lifecycle management and compiling market intelligence in conjunction with the Head of Design and Technical. You will also be producing information on new products for the Technical Manager, Technical Designers, Technical Analyst, and Marketing Department. This role will involve some travel (UK and some limited travel abroad within the EU) and to stay away overnight on occasion.
Other responsibilities will include to:
- Organise consumer market research of proposed new products in conjunction with the Marketing Department
- Attend furniture and supplier exhibitions (UK and abroad)
- Visit suppliers as required to assess new products and gain information
- Develop and deliver presentations to internal and external parties
- Allocating and setting the direction of work
- Be involved in recruitment and performance management as the team grows
Person / Experience Required:
- Design degree or equivalent
- Proven experience as a successful product designer in the kitchen / furniture industry
- PC literate and able to use Inventor (3D) or similar
- Proven creativity and flair - able to produce evidence of own design work
- Commercially aware and numerate
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels in the business
- Able to design and confidently deliver presentations
- Full Driving licence without excessive points
There is an attractive salary on offer along with a company bonus scheme, healthcare, life assurance and pension.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80821010