Audio Visual Project Manager - Live Events
Based in Reading but working where projects take them, our client is looking for a new project manager / production manager to work in our close knit team.
The roles prime function is to deliver technical solutions for events of varying size and scale through our current client list as well as developing new clients and bringing new contracts to the business.
The role will see the project managed through from the lead to the completion of the event, therefore will see an equal measure of sales and client lead through to the technical planning and execution of the event.
We have a modern fleet of equipment, and have close working relationships with suppliers, the role will entail the use of both within the commercial environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Handling sales enquiries.
• Site / Client meetings and visits.
• Managing full proposal development and costing.
• Producing client documentation, contracts, and invoices.
• Liaising with the team over equipment/crew/engineers/travel.
• Putting together CDM / H&S documents.
• Sub hire management.
• Onsite management where required.
• Using the project management software.
• Building and maintaining client relationships to encourage repeat business.
• Visiting shows and exhibitions to network and engage with potential clients.
• Follow up meetings with clients.
The ideal candidate would ideally have the following assets:
• A good knowledge of lighting, sound and AV disciplines.
• Previous experience in event sales and building proposals and pitches.
• Good knowledge of suppliers.
• Professionalism and commitment to the events industry.
• Previous experience of running events.
• Good understanding of the spectrum of events.
• Good working knowledge of standard computer packages.
• Good working knowledge of AutoCAD or WYSIWYG.
• Availability to work late nights and weekends on a regular basis.
• Excellent client management.
• Confident and professional approach when dealing with clients and colleagues.
• Able to work under pressure and multitask particularly during the peak seasons.
• Broad and detailed knowledge of production solutions.
• Used to building client relationships from scratch.
• A creative streak in order to put together documents and sales pitches.
• Have a full UK driving License
If you have previous experience in the AV/event/conference industry please get in touch!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80801596