- Marketing Director position for a leading consumer technology business
- Start-up role with major backing from large parent company
- Remit to build out the EMEA marketing function
- Ownership of the marketing strategy for EMEA, with core markets in the UK, France, and Germany
- Create clear go to market messaging
- Partner with major technology retailers, like Amazon and Google
- Previous experience within consumer electronics
The Role: This Marketing Director position has arisen within an exciting consumer technology start-up business who are looking for someone to set up and lead the marketing function. The Marketing Director position requires someone to grow the marketing function and manage and develop that resource to achieve company goals. The successful candidate will have helped launch and taken a product to market, created and forged genuine relationships with major ecommerce and retailers and built marketing functions (internally and externally via agencies). This start-up is a spin off company of a household name with major financial and tactical backing. The successful candidate will be very comfortable in managing stakeholder relationships, building leading marketing strategies, and show proven experience of bringing sales and marketing teams together.
Responsibilities for the position of Marketing Director include:
- Working with the US to fully understand the company proposition and goals
- Aligning stakeholder expectations of what marketing can deliver for the business
- Defining the market potential and customer research
- Creating the marketing strategy for the business across EMEA with key aims of building awareness, demand generation and sales support
- Creating and implementing end user marketing campaigns
- Building a team of marketers to support key business objectives
- Stakeholder management - sales and marketing team alignment
Requirements for the position of Marketing Director are:
- Experience of working in a commercial B2C technology environment
- Experience of managing strategic retail and technology partners
- Must have worked in a Consumer Technology business
- Have an ability to create and develop relationships cross functionally
- Strong people management experience
- Experience of creating a demand generation marketing strategy
- Experience of increasing brand awareness of businesses across an international region
The Company: This start up is backed by a major high street technology company, supported with great internal talent and major financial backing. The new innovative product has been very well received in the market. This role is focused on the EMEA region and will support countries including UK, France, Germany, and the Netherlands. The company are going through some exciting times and this will suit a person who wants a challenge and an opportunity to put their stamp on it.
The Package for Marketing Director:
- Salary: £90,000-110,000
- Generous bonus
- Company benefits
Location: The position of Marketing Director is based in Bracknell.
BMS Performance have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next Marketing role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our London office please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.