Buyer (Indirect Procurement Specialist)
Choose a career with Balfour Beatty and we can offer you experience and the opportunity to develop a career to be proud of.
About the role
As one of our Buyers, you will be responsible for managing effective and efficient, end to end procurement projects that enable value for money for Balfour Beatty. You will interface with key stakeholders at all levels in a wide range of functions including IT, HR, project teams and joint ventures that help deliver projects to our clients.
You will also be responsible for managing relationships with a range of our third party suppliers across an indirect spend including IT, consultancy, corporate services and professional services.
You will be able to demonstrate your understanding of the full procurement lifecycle and your experience, leading strategic sourcing tasks including Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to maximise value for money, ideally in IT and other indirect sub-categories.
You will want to ask questions and help your stakeholders to find the best possible solutions. You will enjoy researching different products and services and analysing data, such as spend reports, for insight to inform our strategies for individual procurement projects and broader categories of spend.
You will enjoy negotiating a deal, working with suppliers and stakeholders to agree costs, technical solutions and terms and conditions to maximise the value for the business.
You will be an excellent communicator, able to proactively build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders in order to identify opportunities to add value and collaborate to solve business problems.
Personal qualities and skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Able to prioritise - with support - a challenging workload of competing priorities
- Good understanding of how to run end to end procurement projects from market research through sourcing to contract and supplier management
- Experience in negotiating commercial deals and contractual terms and conditions
- Able to present and discuss information professionally
- Flexible and driven
- Thinks creatively to apply commercial good practice to solve business problems
- Able to quickly learn and work with new processes and IT systems
- Comfortable with working with video and audioconferencing solutions
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) including detailed formatting of formal documents and analysis in Excel
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- MCIPS / studying towards MCIPS / equivalent qualifications or experience