SEN Teaching Assistant
Celsian Education are currently working in partnership with a Primary School in South Manchester who are looking to recruit an SEN Teaching Assistant to support and develop a year 5 class
The role will start ASAP and will continue after the Easter half term until the summer break in July with a possibility of starting again in September.
In this role you will be required to:
- Working with the classroom Teacher you will be able to differentiate the curriculum to meet the specific learning needs of the children and support children in both the full class room, small groups and on a 121 basis.
- Working with children on a 121 basis with Autism and MLD with their IEP target to ensure that attainment is raised for every pupil
- As a TA you will be able to identify children within the class who may require additional support and be able to profile 121 / group support work to bring key areas such as phonics, literacy, numeracy or writing skills up to an improved level
- The ability to take on HLTA role and experience on whole class room management
The ideal candidate will hold the following experience / skills
- Have excellent behaviour management skills
- Experience delivering sessions in groups and 121's
- Hold a recognised Teaching Assistant qualification of at least to level 3
- Have an excellent level of English, ideally grade C or above at GCSE
- Be immediately available and able to accommodate the full duration required
If you feel you hold the necessary experience and skills and interested in this position please apply today with your full CV as well as a covering letter with personal statement. Or call Stephanie for more information.
If you would like more information about this role and any other opportunities within the Greater Manchester areas please contact Stephanie Theobald on 0161 8398005.
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80673739