Mechanical Building Services Trainee
A Mechanical and Electrical Contractor have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Building Services Trainee to join their expanding business in an entry level position. They are a well established business who work in a wide range of sectors including Residential, Education, Commercial, Health, Pharmaceutical and Industrial across the East Anglia region. They operate as a complete services contractor undertaking projects up to the value of £13m.
As the Mechanical Building Services Trainee you will work in various divisions of the business to gain a better understanding of the full Mechanical installation process of construction projects.
You will initially work on site to gain hands-on experience and learning from qualified and knowledgeable colleagues. Then you will be working alongside Mechanical Project Managers on construction sites and Mechanical Estimators in the office assisting in preparing mechanical estimates of values up to several million but initially be working on smaller projects to develop your estimating skills and knowledge. This will enable you to learn the concepts and procedures of estimating with the scope of progressing your career into an Estimators role.
As the Mechanical Building Services Trainee you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Initial working on site with Mechanical Tradesmen and Mechanical Project Managers
· Assist Mechanical Estimators to ensure tenders are prepared to a high standard
· Obtain competitive and accurate quotations from mechanical specialists
· Liaising with other members of the estimating team and Contracts Managers
· Learning the process and tender reviews and resolving any issues that have been identified
· Learning the concepts and procedures of estimating
· Inputting data into a spreadsheet recording the quotations
· Liaising with technical representatives on products/plant
· Sending and receiving enquiries for quotations on projects.
Successful applicants will have the following attributes and skills:
They will put through mechanical qualifications on a day release scheme with a local College
· Strong negotiation skills
· Confident communicator
· Keen to learn new skills
· Have a good grasp of mathematics
· Be computer literate (MS Office Suite and using a database).
This position offers a fantastic career path for the right candidate, for more information about this role or keen on a new opportunity within the Building Services sector, please contact Adam Brown on or or
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80667362