From filming and photographing huge construction projects to managing tours and events at our reservoirs and state-of-the-art water treatment sites; we need an enthusiastic, creative and dynamic Communications Officer to join our friendly team at South East Water who can really showcase the company's pure know h2ow.
Reporting directly to the Community Engagement Manager, this varied role requires proven written, media relations, digital and stakeholder management skills. You will be able to deal with people from across the social and political spectrum, build trusted relationships and have commitment in terms of responsibility, availability and flexibility in and out of normal working hours.
You will be keen to get under the skin of the various communities we serve, driving forward how we communicate with our varied audiences, while not being afraid to try new ideas and evaluate your campaigns.
While based in our Aldershot office you will be expected to travel across the entire South East Water supply area; Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire, and spend approximately one day a week in our Kent head office.
Customer and community engagement
Working closely with your Communications colleagues and Engineering Delivery teams you will promote the wide range of work the company undertakes; from the laying of new water mains to multi-million pound water treatment works upgrades, while also opening our customers' eyes to the world of water through our public Open Days and trailer events. You will be keen to embed yourself in the various communities we serve, understanding how best to communicate with those customers and stakeholders ensuring there is a thorough understanding of what we do and why we do it.
* Identifying and building relationships with key community leaders and customers in our various communities
* Managing the creation and delivery of all community and stakeholder communications including; letters, exhibition materials and advertising as well as website, social media and video content
* Organising our Open Days and various trailer events
* Responsibility for organising and attending community and stakeholder briefings, presentations and meetings to assist with the successful delivery of the communication strategy
You will play a key part promoting the work of South East Water by identifying opportunities for positive media coverage. At the same time you will help manage communications to our customers through various press and social media channels during incidents.
* Participation in the Communications out-of-hours service on a shared rota basis (approximately one in six weeks)
* Crafting press releases and managing media events
* Briefing media spokespeople ahead of radio and TV interviews
* Answering and responding to all media calls both in and out of office hours, escalating where appropriate
* Helping to identify and manage news stories for South East Water
* Competency in using Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and preferably Excel
* Degree-level qualification in a communication or PR related discipline or relevant experience
* Full driving licence (maximum six points on licence)
* At least three years' experience in either a field related to journalism (newspaper/TV/radio) or public relations/communications, either agency or in-house.
* Experience and knowledge of the press, filming, video editing and social media, together with the ability to deal confidently with customers and stakeholders, is essential.
This post is subject to a basic criminal record check and the Right to Work in the UK.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme in which the maximum Company contribution is 10% and a life assurance scheme.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80712173