Legal Secretary (6 Month FTC)
Our busy Oxford office are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Secretary to join their Family team;-
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide an effective and efficient secretarial support service. Communicating effectively across all departments and with clients. Continually looking to streamline and improve processes within the department.
- To produce documents and letters as directed by fee earners by means of computerised word processing and document management systems.
- To maintain electronic files and filing systems in an organised and efficient manner as required.
- To attend to clients by telephone and in person in a professional manner.
- Redaction of documents
- Compiling and maintaining electronic date rooms
- Creating bibles of transaction documents
- Maintaining, updating and reviewing statutory books
- Companies House filings
- Scanning documents in an organised and efficient manner
- Company incorporations
- To assist fee earners with day to day administrative matters as required including:-
- Opening new files
- Closing files and archiving
- File organisation and filing in accordance with departmental procedures
- Assisting with billing procedures, cheque requests and other account enquiries
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining an up to date computerised diary
- Making travel arrangements
- Maintaining an up-to-date compliance record for the fee earners
- To attend appropriate training courses to improve all elements of job requirements.
- Any other reasonable task which may be required from time to time
- Knowledge and Experience:-
- Extensive knowledge of legal secretarial duties and skills
- Extensive corporate knowledge including knowledge of Companies House, experience with online data rooms, bibles and corporate transactions not preferable but not essential
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications including specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Accurate and efficient PC Skills
- Accurate and speedy copy and/or audio typing skills
- Experience of document Management System desirable
- Experience of statutory books and company compliance desirable.
- Demonstrates the ability to show initiative
- Able to prioritise effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and professional approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be willing to undertake further training as required
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities desirable.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Suitable applicants for this role will be contacted. If you do not hear back within 4 working days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to view the website for alternative opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80713944