About the Driver Apprenticeship Scheme:
In order to become a first class driver, you need to have the passion and drive to succeed. You will have a full clean driving licence which you have held for at least 12 months and the enthusiasm to develop a career within logistics.
Becoming an apprentice for Tuffnells Parcel Express, part of Connect Group will allow you access to an industry leading apprenticeship scheme. You will be on the driver programme for 12 months and will become a qualified Class C Driver at the end of the programme.
You will complete 30 hours of supervised driving and also gain experience of working within a busy warehouse environment, as well as developing your driving skills, we will also assist in building confidence within customer service, technology and health and safety.
After successfully completing your 12 month training period you will be:
- CPC qualified
- A qualified Class C Driver
- Tachograph trained
- An industry expert
- Health and Safety trained
- A safe and controlled driver
- A customer service champion
- Able to work effectively in a team
Although a track record in warehouse processes would be desirable, demonstrable flexibility to undertake a variety of duties in a fast paced environment would be considered. You’ll also be able to evidence:
- A full clean UK driving licence held for more than 12 months
- EU resident for a minimum of 3 years
- Positive and professional attitude
- Strong communication skills and the credibility to effectively build relationships with all team members and management
- Tenacity and effective approach to meeting and exceeding targets and delivering an outstanding client experience
- Adaptability, positivity and effectivity when working with ambiguity and changing commercial drivers
- Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining an accurate, high quality output
- Highly organised with a well-developed approach to prioritisation
Tuffnells Parcels Express is a leading provider of next-day B2B delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight – from ladders and tyres to building supplies.
With 37 depots and over 900 vehicles, it’s one of the UK’s leading business to business distribution specialists. Its national network is trusted by over 4,700 customers delivering over 13 million consignments every year, making deliveries that are essential to its customers supply chains.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80713929