Senior Category Manager
Over the last three years we have been transforming Guinness, and with these new foundations we are entering one of the most exciting periods in our long history - we have set ourselves ambitious but challenging objectives through which we will realise our vision.
Our vision is to meet the needs of our customers by providing great services and homes they are proud of, to be a great place to work and to be recognised as a national housing association that plays a significant part in tackling the housing crisis by building new homes.
These are the things that matter most to us. We underpin this by being a strong and efficient business that people can trust and rely on. We want to be recognised as being one of the best at what we do.
As we continue to strengthen the Procurement function we’re investing in some key appointments and have a new opportunity for a Senior Category Manager based at our office in London.
This is a key position within the Procurement team and will deputise for the Group Head of Procurement, so we want the successful candidate to be a great leader and have the vision to help guide the procurement team to deliver a market leading service to our customers.
This is a great opportunity for a Category Manager looking to develop their procurement and leadership expertise within an exciting industry going through significant change. The role will be focussed around our Repairs, Maintenance and Compliance with a total spend of c.£70m pa
We’d like to speak to individuals who can help shape our future – someone who can bring strong business skills to drive change and improvement within the team and across the business. You need to be able move between the strategic and operational so we’re looking for someone who is as happy presenting to the Executive Team as they are running their own tender.
We will want you to be knowledgeable, informed and insightful in terms of your Procurement skill set (tendering, contracts, PCR’s etc) but also in the categories you will be managing. We’re a small but highly focussed team involved in projects across the business so you will need to be good at bringing the best out of the team – willing to coach and support but also inspiring and energising others to deliver for themselves.
- Analytical skills – both Internal data (incl. spend, performance, assets etc) and Market (incl. trends, providers, value drivers etc)
- Strategy – Creating coherent medium and long term commercially focussed strategies
- Stakeholder Management – proven ability at influencing senior stakeholders to follow strategy.
- Legislation – internal expert on relevant legislation (eg. Public Contract Regs)
- Experience of running high value tenders exercises in a property maintenance environment
- Negotiation – Proven at attaining good commercial outcomes managing the balance of value and risk for strategically important services.
- High level of contract law understanding and interpretation.
- Experience of adding value and additional commercial benefit through the development of constructive supplier relationships
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and eProcurement systems
- Demonstration of the Guinness leadership and management standards.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- CIPS qualified and/or equivalent
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80714364