Our Client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Legal PA to join their team, based in Halifax. This is an opportunity for an ambitious candidate to develop their career in a growing firm with genuine opportunities for development.
The role will entail providing administrative support to fee earners/partners, enabling them to operate at optimum efficiency.
Our client is a well-established law firm, with several offices nationally. The role will be based in Halifax
The Key Responsibilities of the Successful Legal Secretary will include:
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio-typing and IT systems
- Administering filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Intranet
- Keeping the filing up to date and ensure that files are tidy and compliant
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arranging for all copying to be done, in person if an office junior is not available to undertake the task.
- Making appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her principal.
- Attending to clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- Endeavouring to resolve client queries where applicable without fee earner intervention and pass any urgent and/or outstanding issues to the fee earner for guidance.
- Keeping dictation up to date within agreed timescales
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards continuous improvement and development
- Ensuring billing is completed on a monthly basis.
- Undertaking any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information.
- Exercising high standards of client care, at all times, in a professional and pleasant manner
- General assistance and support in the department
The Successful Legal Secretary Candidate:
- Must have a demonstrated track record as a legal secretary, or within a legal environment
- Must have fantastic communication
- Must have a flexible approach, with the mentality to deliver a high quality of service to internal and external clients
- Around 60 wpm typing speed, with high degree of accuracy
- Ideally RSA II in typing, audio-typing or word processing
- Must have proficiency within the MS Office Suite
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must be adaptable
- Understand the varied duties required of an individual within a Admin and Secretarial career
The Successful Legal Secretary will receive:
- Competitive salary: £18k - £22k DOE
- Great benefits
- Great location within Huddersfield
- Opportunity to progress within the Legal Support sector
- Opportunity to work for a well established law firm
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80717293