Internal Communications Officer
The Internal Communications Officer will work on a wide range of communication projects and will be responsible for delivering our award winning corporate social responsibility strategy - Let's make it Count.
• Act as a cooperative point of contact for all internal communication and engagement needs
• Develop, shape and deliver engaging communications that make a real difference to colleagues
• Work alongside the Internal Communications Manager and Press Office to ensure external and internal messaging is consistent and on-message to all of our audiences
• Management of and responsibility for the Intranet
• Produce an internal weekly newsletter to keep colleagues up-to-date and liaise with stakeholders and the design team to ensure deadlines are managed
• Inspire colleagues to ‘play their part' through engaging events such as group town halls and the monthly colleague communication forum
• Maximise and fully optimise all available internal news content, success stories and key messages across all internal communications tools - including social media where appropriate
• Work closely with colleagues across the organisation to support integrated communications across channels, building constructive relationships and supporting senior managers on key communications issues and solutions
• Work alongside the Executive team to deliver key messages to colleagues
• Contribute to, and maintain an editorial calendar to plan upcoming campaigns
• Through measurement, feedback and analysis, continuously improve and enhance the reputation, experience, function and capacity of internal communications
• Work with line managers to continually improve related activities in their areas
• Manage corporate noticeboards and updates
• Support the delivery and project management of colleague events including the Annual Celebration including measurement, feedback and analysis of events to inform future planning
Essential skills & experience
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to be creative in a commercial environment
• Prior experience of working on corporate social responsibility (CSR) campaigns or a personal interest in CSR
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with staff and external stakeholders
• Experience supporting colleagues or internal stakeholder communications for a medium-sized or large organisation
• Experience supporting web and social media platforms
Desirable skills & experience
• Strong digital creative skills - basic design skills and the ability to manipulate digital photography
• Event management experience
• Experience working in a ‘frontline' customer service environment and on a fast-paced news desk (or similar deadline environment where writing is involved)
• Experience of working in financial services
• Relevant degree
• Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) Accredited Practitioner / Member or Institute of Internal Communications Member
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West's most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
Together has been named as one of the UK's best 100 mid-size companies to work for. We went straight into the top 40, ranking at an impressive 34 in the UK and making the top ten in the North West.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80716957