Category Management Executive (FMCG)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Category Management Executive to work in the Homecare Commercial Strategy Team, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead, Surrey. This is a full time temporary role for a period of 12 months (maternity cover to finish 26th April 2019) working a 36.25 hour week. This role is paying up to a maximum £37K depending on experience.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 12th and Friday 13th April 2018
The Commercial Strategy team's role is to develop long term category winning plans, helping to deliver the CCD vision of being the best category team in the UK. The role of the Commercial Strategy Executive is to support the Commercial Strategy Manager with regards to S&OP cycle focussing on the 4-12 month horizon and any course correction that need to be taken. Working cross-functionally and with senior leaders in CD, Brand Building (BB), Finance and Supply Chain to ensure that we deliver against our agreed category and customer priorities.
The successful person will be confident with data and have strong Excel skills. You will be proactive, a logical thinker and organised.
Deliver Winning Plans
- Support the Commercial Strategy Manager in creating winning plans for the business
- Plans will address key needs by channel
- Review pack and price architecture to create winning mixes for the future
- Price and promotion will focus on short term and longer terms objectives to ensure we are maximising growth
- Work closely with BB the bring new products to market
- Support the Commercial Manager in the implementation of promotional guidelines, taking inputs from BB, CMI and Cat Man (Annual Planning process) that our competitive and within framework. Track progress and compliance to Promo guidelines
- Deliver insights, assumptions and challenge to the volumes at Monthly Volume meeting (DRM).
- Support the Commercial Manager in preparing for the monthly forecast at the CCBT
- Create and update retailer scorecards to track performance across the year
- Keep key internal documents updated so wider team know plans going forward
Review key promotions and ensure we understand the insights from those activities
- Deliver improved category promotional effectiveness and profitability through post promotional activity evaluation and OPSO
- Keep floor pricing details updated quarterly
Run Energising and focused meetings
- Prepare and run the monthly ARM meeting, with Commercial Manger in support
- Run specific Business updates for your category.
Live the Values & Standards of Leadership
Make a positive difference to every day to make a great place to work
- Live the standards of leadership
- Prioritise personal & team development
Knowledge & Skills Required
Customer Management and Selling Essentials
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Business Planning (S&OP)
- Implementing the Customer/Channel Business Plan
- Optimising Promotional Sell Out (OPSO)
- Category Management
- Business and Financial understanding.
- High level of presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate and energise cross functional teams.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80693284