Private Client Legal Secretary
A leading multi-disciplinary Legal 500 regional law firm with a brilliant reputation. A staff-focused ethos with low staff turn over and excellent career progression (where staff are actively encouraged to grow and develop)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Private Client Legal Secretary - Tax & Estate Planning. The role will be to provide secretarial and administrative support to the fee earners within the tax & estate planning department. To undertake work in an efficient and timely manner with the parameters of Lexcel Quality Standards. To promote the professional image of the firm at all times.
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing (Dictanet) and word processing.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain up-to-date diary for Fee earners.
- To deal whenever possible with routine client enquiries and communications.
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files within the parameters of policy and procedures.
- To prepare mail and enclosures.
- To prepare documents/reports as required by the fee earners.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- To provide support to other secretaries as required.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's client's documentation and information.
- Other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Educated to O-Level/GCSE and equivalent standard.
- ILEX Secretarial qualification (desirable)
- Previous secretarial experience within a legal environment (essential)
- Up-to-date knowledge of wills, probate and inheritance tax planning (desirable)
- Previous secretarial experience within the tax & estate planning environment (desirable)Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to be flexible within the office environment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80680885