Product Development Assistant
Product Development Assistant - St. Albans - to £25k
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a successful business based in St. Albans, to support New Product Development (NPD) Team in developing new ranges for a growing independent Health & Beauty company. You will help with the product development and brand management of multiple projects in a busy, varied environment.
Duties will include:
- Support the NPD Manager and wider PD Team to coordinate the product creation process from initial concept through to production and commercialisation, ensuring on-time development and delivery.
- Assist with the implementation of NPD & product change initiatives (product improvements, value engineering etc.)
- Participate in brainstorming for new products/brands with other Team Members
- Work closely with suppliers in different regions during all phases of development process (including sourcing of samples, componentry, materials)
- Prepare detailed product specs for vendors, help prepare technical sheets for vendors.
- Track and facilitate sampling and prototyping of products.
- Analyse, measure and comment on prototypes/samples to ensure quality, construction, fit etc. are aligned with brand requirements and accurately reflect the specification.
- Transmit information, collate quotations from vendors, assist with artwork approval and proof reading.
- Assist with product approvals through licensor systems.
- Support with brand presentations and any other marketing material/copy such as mood boards, brochures, leaflets.
- Help identify and address key issues and challenges with product construction, material selection etc.
- Monitor and communicate progress and challenges throughout the product testing process.
- Manage product library & product photography, update range sheets, update price lists
What we are looking for:
- Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint proficient
- Good administration skills and attention to detail essential as well as a strong sense of responsibility.
- Project Management / Timeline Management experience.
- Experience of communication with factories and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of marketplace dynamics.
- Pro-active approach to work and ability to work independently and in collaboration with the team.
- Positive working attitude.
- Ability to fit within a small team, be flexible and adapt to a fast moving changing environment.
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects at any one time.
- FMCG / Health & Beauty exposure not essential but beneficial
In return the role offers a salary up to £26k, a collaborative and productive working environment, and the opportunity to work with interesting product ranges.
To apply for the role of Product Development Assistant, please click APPLY now and send CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80681622