Teaching Assistant Level 2 - Staynor Hall Community Primary Academy
Staynor Hall Community Primary Academy are looking for an energetic and engaging teaching assistant to join our team, with two key roles: a focus on supporting children in our EYFS unit with diagnosed autism (12-3:30pm) and to support the team in our After School Club (3:30 - 6pm).
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our rapidly growing Ebor Academy Trust, based at Staynor Hall Community Primary Academy.Ideally, we require a teaching assistant with knowledge of autism and an understanding of the difficulties experienced by children with an ASC diagnosis within a mainstream school. Full training, however, would be provided for the right person to join our team.
We are looking a Teaching Assistant who:
- Can use strategies to support with nurture, self-regulating and reassure
- Can work as part of a highly skilled Early Years/After School club team
- Has some experience of working with Early Years children
- Can use initiative to adapt planning
- Can ensure consistency of rules and classroom routines
- Can promote independence
- Can deliver interventions and extra booster activities
- Can use behaviour management in all areas around school
In return we can offer you:
- Enthusiastic and motivated learners
- A pro-active governing body and supportive parents and carers
- Commitment to CPD opportunities
- A clearly-focused and committed leadership team
- The opportunity to make a difference
- A caring and supportive working environment
'The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment'. We require the successful applicant to undertake an ENHANCED criminal record check via the DBS.
Visits to our school are warmly encouraged.
If you have any further questions, please ring the school and ask to speak to Mr Jolly on 01757 681334
Closing date : 20th April 2018
Interview date: 30th April 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80673605