Legal Counsel - 2-4 years PQE
A Legal Counsel is required to join our Head Office team in central Bristol on a permanent basis.
What the Legal Counsel Job Involves:
You'll be playing a key role in our Legal and Company Secretary team and have responsibility for legal and contractual matters in our operations business and our property portfolio.
The Legal Counsel role will see you:
- Drafting and negotiating nomination agreements with our University partners
- Providing legal support on a wide range of customer welfare legal issues
- Working with the business on legal and contractual issues as we enhance our digital offering
- Supporting the business on commercial arrangements with business partners
- Supporting the business on customer data protection issues
- Working with the Procurement team on contracts
- Monitoring legal and regulatory change affecting the operations business
- Leading and/or working with external counsel on county court
- Helping support the Operations business on consumer legal and regulatory issues
What We Look For In You:
Although you may not have worked in the student accommodation sector before, it's really important to us is that you have:
- Company/commercial experience gained within a leading law firm or in-house legal team (gained through 2-4 years' post qualification experience)
- Commercial acumen and a passion for working closely with the business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills with a focus on collaboration
This role would suit a junior legal professional looking to make their first move in-house. Levels of post qualification experience are a guide only and applicants outside these brackets are still encouraged to apply.
What Unite Students Is All About!
We've been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We've grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. We're only interested in your talent, your potential and your personality and in offering you an environment where all three can develop and grow - regardless of your background. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80713925