Principal Electrical Design Engineer - Power Systems
London based Power Systems Division of an International Built Engineering Consultancy are seeking to employ the services of an Electrical Design Engineer with experience in Power Systems to join their highly successful team. Benefitting from an industry leading training and development program the successful Principal Electrical Design Engineer will work on the design of electrical / power systems for highly critical facilities with clients in the Social Media, Internet and Technology markets stretching across the UK, Europe and Scandinavia.
As an integral member of the team candidates will support the team in developing conceptual designs for electrical distribution systems from EHV, HV, MV to Low Voltage incorporating high voltage equipment, generation equipment, UPS plant, low voltage switchgear and power control and monitoring systems. Duties will include;
- Consider the feasibility of the project specific to the Electrical Systems and contribute to the overall feasibility study for the project.
- Produce detailed and performance specification
- Produce detailed equipment schedules for issue with the discipline specific designs.
- Carry out detailed calculations
- Show leadership in the promotion of sustainability and energy efficiency within your designs,
- Carry out condition surveys,
- Visit sites as required to determine the quality of the installation process allied to the discipline and report to the client for the whole project.
- Attend design team meetings to represent your technical discipline,
- Assist with the supervision of any graduates or apprentices working on your project.
To be considered individuals will possess experience in the following;
- Design of electrical systems (electrical distribution systems from EHV, HV, MV to Low Voltage incorporating high voltage equipment, generation equipment, UPS plant, low voltage switchgear and power control and monitoring systems),
- Hold formal qualifications to at least BEng level in relevant engineering subject.
- Currently be eligable to work in the UK by either holding an EU passport or a valid UK work permit,
In return the successful candidate will be provided with the following;
- Training and Development - investing in their staff to enable their continued professional development while also helping the company to improve their offering,
- Staff Benefits - from a full benefits package and competitive salaries as well as running a social fund for varies events,
- Vision and Values - to build an engineering consultancy that is internationally recognised and respected for working in improving the built environment,
- Environment - operating from newly fitted-out offices in London that seek to provide a focus on the health & well-being of their staff,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80713526