Butler Rose are currently looking for a Financial Controller whose influence will stretch from multi million-pound programmes to ensuring the right decisions are taken across both sectors of engineering and manufacturing.
As the Financial Controller, you'll wear many hats. You'll be working directly with stakeholders and robustly challenging decisions and processes, bringing your analytical and influencing to the fore.
We're looking for a motivated self-starter that can produce exceptional quality and timely work. This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing/moving company where you will be encouraged to take on as much responsibility as you can. Your drive and imagination is your limit, not your job title.
Responsibilities will involve
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to support finance and management teams, including presentation of summary information pack to local management
- To maintain and improve business models to support latest forecasts, annual budgets and long term strategic planning
- Support the preparation of month-end reporting, annual budgeting, quarterly re-forecasting and the year-end audit process
- Working closely with the MD and senior management to develop, expand and continuously review financial processes, policy and systems that improve the functioning of Finance and the wider business
- Develop strong internal relationships and play a lead role in coaching operational teams to become more financially aware in their approach to business decisions
- To develop and monitor relevant actual and forecast variance analysis including project and event profitability on a timely basis
- Assist the management team to optimise performance, cost control and drive profitability
- Proven work experience as a Financial Controller, Manager or similar role
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified, with demonstrable post-qualification experience
- Excellent numeracy and Excel skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Have the gravitas and commercial understanding of a business to be able influence and communicate effectively with stakeholders and make strategic business decisions
- Experience managing teams and liaising with external advisors
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise and follow through on tasks
- The desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested in reading a full JD or would like to discuss this role further please feel free to call me on 01908 92 0 682
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80712911