A Global Custodian is seeking a Fund Accountant. Not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd.You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. The role will include but not be limited to:
- To oversee, review & sign off the timely production of another jurisdiction's UT, OEIC, and CIF interim and final report and accounts. This will include sign-off of distribution rates and proofing of SORP accounts to the required standard.
- Communicate professionally & effectively with other Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, and Clients (the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service), ensuring that they are more than satisfied at all times.
- To deliver a quality service to our clients and take the necessary corrective and preventative actions to ensure all KPI deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Support the development of the production jurisdiction and actively provide feedback on performance to local managers.
- Continually assess the oversight team's processes to improve efficiency, reduce risk or cost, as well as assisting in the enhancement of revised departmental procedures for use as a training tool.
The ideal candidate is likely to have:
- The applicant should currently hold a senior analyst or senior accountant position, or previously held that position within another financial services environment.
- As an absolute minimum the job holder should have passed the required FCA Training & Competence exams (or have been 'Grandfathered'); however, additional qualifications are expected.
- ACCA qualified or part qualified required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with other members within their team, other internal department, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors and the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service.
- Able to work under pressure to achieve the timetabled deadlines for delivery to our client's deliverables, with a mature approach.
- Possess strong written skills with numerical and computer literacy - including strong spread sheet skills with Excel plus Word, Lotus Notes and Invest One Enterprise.
- A good knowledge of the FCA regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts and OEICs i.e. COLL, and the most recent IA SORP.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80697575