Equipment Technician required for a leading global ICT Solutions Provider, to be based in their Ipswich site.
Through their dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, my client have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
The Equipment Technician will work on a 2-shift system (6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm alternating weekly)
This is a 6 month rolling contract with competitive daily rate and lucrative overtime pay on offer.
Part of the Facilities and Equipment Engineering team which, as a small unit, requires flexible cross boundary working. This team has the role of supporting the III-V production and product development teams in making their devices. The successful applicant will work with a small team of technicians and engineers within the clean rooms, laboratories and service areas.
- Support the process equipment within our semiconductor processing facility to maintain optimum tool uptime and reduce un-expected tool outages
- First line diagnostic skills with on call engineer backup
- Use experience and knowledge fault find tools such as vacuum, mechanical and electronics
- Work with specialist 3rd party suppliers to maintain the building engineer facilities, such as DI water, specialist gases and HEVAC equipment
- Work in accordance with the CIP quality and safety policies
- Any other adhoc duty as requested by the Facility Manager
- Time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline (or working towards recognised qualification)
- Ideally some experience in semiconductor equipment and facilities maintenance ; such as chemical handling , repairing electronic equipment
- Proven track record of supporting a production line
- Must be able to follow strict instructions when instructed to do so
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80713173