An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join AIM Altitude based in Waterbeach, Cambridge. In return we offer a salary in region of £35 - 40K per annum depending on experience, plus benefits of 25 days holiday, plus 8 Bank holidays, Pension, Non-contributory Life Assurance and Simply Health Care Scheme. Our location has excellent transport links via road and rail.
AIM Altitude is one of the leading global suppliers of cabin interiors to the world’s leading airlines. AIM Composites division is a full service manufacturing company, excelling in the manufacture of complex composite exterior and interior components, mouldings, sandwich, flat panels and laminates for a multitude of industries such as aerospace, rail, marine, military and automotive and their varied and specific applications
Our long standing history, experience management, engineering capability and workforce have provided us with real work experience, transforming customers’ design visions into composite reality. AIM Composites has a strong focus on production control and quality, with an ethos set deep in lean manufacturing, from purchase, engineering, project management, manufacture, quality, through to final release.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we are looking for a highly motivated individual, with sound composite engineering knowledge, a ‘can do’ attitude with a high standard of professionalism at all times. This customer facing role requires a good competency level of Microsoft Office, and CAD knowledge in Solidworks or Catia would be an advantage.
Key roles and responsibilities:
These are not conclusive however are considered to be the key responsibilities of this role:
- Provide Technical support to the Project Manager and production staff for the manufacture of composite products for the Aerospace, Automotive, Marine and other industries, working within the given timescales and budget.
- Administer customer design data by data transfer and store in relevant project folders.
- Identify top level and sub assembly requirements and generate plans for manufacturing.
- Working with customer specifications identify all raw material requirements, bought out items, sub contract manufactured items and resource requirements to manufacture the first-off part, through into production.
- Identify and support the manufacture of all tooling requirements to include, mould tools, CNC fixtures, Assembly fixtures & templates.
- Control data transfer for Sub-contract manufacture.
- Generate shop floor manufacturing Job Cards which include process instructions and BOM items.
- Generate Process & layup Instruction documents for manufacturing methods.
- Generate layup kit for kit cutter.
- Identify all composite inserts that require manufacture i.e. rigid foam or aluminium inserts that require CAD design and manufacture.
- Provide technical support to the shop floor throughout manufacture.
- Support Estimating team during bid stages.
Highly motivated with sound composite engineering knowledge. A 'can-do' attitude and a high standard professionalism at all times is key. This role will include customer interface.
This role will require a good competency level of Microsoft Office, CAD knowledge in Solidworks or Catia would be advantageous.
- Please apply online to be considered for the Project Engineer
- Hours of work are 08.00 – 16.30 Monday – Thursday 08.00 – 13.00 Friday although flexibility may occasionally be required to meet organisational requirements
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80713473