Apprenticeships Programme Tutor (Home Based)
Our client has an excellent opportunity for an Apprenticeships Programme Tutor to join their team.
** Important **
This is a home based role with an initial induction period of 2 weeks based in Doncaster. Please only apply if you are able to attend in Doncaster for this period of time.
Relentless in pursuit of excellence, uncompromising in quality and totally focused on the learner, our client is on an embarking journey to be the most admired, trusted and valued business in apprenticeship management and delivery.
Backed by a 23 year heritage, underpinned by values of courage and doing the right thing they are proud to deliver the UK Governments largest Apprenticeship Programme.
If you are someone with an abundance of talent then they would love for you to be part of their exciting journey.
As an Apprenticeships Programme Tutor, you will be responsible for a caseload of work-based Apprentice candidates nationally and will plan, support and carry out summative assessment against National Occupational Standards and competencies, thus ensuring timely and successful achievement of apprenticeship trailblazer standards.
As a Apprenticeships Programme Tutor your responsibilities will be to:
- Carry out learner inductions; including completion of skills scans, individual learning plans & initial assessments to establish the correct level of support in cohesion with the Apprentices Employer
- Timely & effective completion of planned formative assessment and SFA documentation to meet Awarding Body, SFA & organisational requirements
- Manage a caseload of candidates and each candidate journey end to end ensuring an innovative, effective & supported experience for all
- Assessment of candidates in accordance with sector, awarding body and TAQA guidelines
- Prepare, agree & review assessment plans with each candidate incorporating formative assessment of required standards
- Provide assessment and feedback to support achievement and progression to a high standard
- Undertake appropriate learning & development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD
- Accurately maintain candidate records, ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information is maintained
- Operate a telephone help line with candidates
- Communicate with the Apprenticeship Manager on any candidate or employer matters
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and quality standards
- To ensure compliance with the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children and Adults policy
Knowledge and Skills required:
To be successful in the role of Apprenticeships Programme Tutor you will have:
- A D32, D33, A1, A2 or TAQA award
- A teaching qualification (ideally) – minimum PTTLLS
- Experience of Apprenticeship delivery
- Experience of the use of an e-portfolio system
- Functional Skills delivery experience
- Experience of working in the training / education sector
- At least 2 years’ experience of working within the public sector industry
- Knowledge of apprenticeships and government funding requirements
The ideal candidate for the role of Apprenticeships Programme Tutor will be able to:
- Use verbal business language that is clear, concise and can be accurately interpreted by the recipient
- Gather, identify and clarify key elements of others communication in order to maximise understanding
- Be aware of impact of own behaviour on others and modify their style to achieve results through good working relationships
- Encourage others towards a viewpoint/course of action through persuasive approach
- Focus on the detail of a task and handles accurately and consistently
- Maintain stability of performance despite being under increased pressure within the unit
- Encourage team to work together by engendering a sense of collective responsibility, in order to achieve common goals
- Make timely decisions which demonstrate judgement in their formulation and implications
- Analyse and synthesise a wide range of information in order to draw conclusions or make decisions
- Prompt and respond to different ways of working in the face of changing situations
- Establish a clear course of action designed to achieve long or short term goals
- Create and seize opportunities to propose ideas and take action in order to improve business performance
There is a salary on offer of £28,750 per annum.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
KEY WORDS: PTTLS – TAQA – PROGRAMME- TUTOR – LEARNING – TEACHING – APPRENTICESHIPS
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80706209