Technical Service Operations Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Services Operations Manager to work with a Facilities Management organisation in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Working with a diverse and growing organisation that genuinely care and invests in their employees you will benefit from excellent training schemes and internal opportunities to learn new skills and work within a friendly, professional and fun environment.
- Permanent position
- Salary - £45,000 - £48,000 + Bonus, Healthcare, pension
- Location - Leeds
- Technical qualified - Mechanical Or Electrical
- Facilities Management Experience
As a Technical Service Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading the contracts in ensuring the successful management of Technical Services within PFI projects in the North providing high quality Facilities Management services in partnership with the clients.
The successful applicant will be able to deliver a broad range of Facilities Management expertise with proven ability of delivering Technical FM services within a challenging environment demonstrating the ability to work individually as well as managing and supporting a team.
The successful candidate will lead and take ultimate responsibility for the delivery of operational day-to-day Technical Hard Services such as, basic M&E, alarm systems, statutory compliance, sub contract management & procurement and small building fabric repairs. In doing so the successful candidate will:
- Ensure service delivery exceeds internal customer expectations and delivers excellence, working closely with the Client to maximise the asset and contract potential.
- Maximise profits / income whilst achieving the required quality standards with minimal penalty deductions.
- Manage associated subcontract matters to minimise the risk, ensuring budget targets are not exceeded
- Ensure the project is managed in accordance with H&S best practice
- Provide overall leadership to the Technical Delivery team to provide a customer focused, cost effective, and efficient FM service, including line management responsibility for Technical Service Manager and Technical Services Engineering staff
- Work in collaboration with the internal clients to develop and implement FM initiatives
- Manage P&L accounts for the Technical Services Cost Centre, variations and lifecycle replacements completed by the internal delivery team within any agreed budget targets
- Ensure a robust asset management system is in place backed up by effective use of QFM or another relevant CAFM system
- Ensure full compliance with legislation, relevant contract requirements, maintenance standards and associated policies & procedures and accredited quality standard
- Ensure appropriate contracts are in place with any suppliers or subcontractors employed on the projects
- Work closely with compliance / administration team and feed in to relevant processes and systems
- Demonstrate the Company’s core values of respect, involve, trust, challenge and deliver excellence.
- Form part of on-call Rota with availability 24/7 to attend site if required as necessary.
- Produce and manage reports as required by the PFI Contract Managers
- Acting as company Authorising Engineer with audit responsibilities for assigned sites
- Technical Audits
- Acting as covering AP for contracts as assigned.
- Any other responsibilities as directed in line with the role.
- Over 5 years Facilities Management experience within a challenging environment is essential, preferably within the Public Sector environment.
- Over 3 years’ experience of leading an FM operational tea
- Technical/M&E qualified /practical background or experience
- Recognised relevant qualification in FM / Engineering / Construction / Soft Services.
- Experience of PFI contracts with c.£1m turnover
- Strong Hard Services experience in a similar environment
- Management of FM direct/outsourced service delivery
- Financial Management
- Effective Communicator and Team Leader
- Proactive ‘can do’ management style
- Experienced in the operation of an FM software package i.e. QFM / Maximo etc.
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong Computer Literacy
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills
- Strong Motivational Skills
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Good sense of humour
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Diplomacy and tact
- Ability to liaise confidently and professionally at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Working knowledge of public sector establishments
- Driving License – the ability to travel between sites
- Ability to lead, manage and develop a team
- Ability to implement change
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to prioritise work load effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Flexible, Professional, and Proactive approach to working
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80715586