Commercial Finance Analyst
Global medium sized Management Consultancy based in Central London is looking for an experienced and qualified Finance Analyst to join its corporate but laid back Finance team.
Reporting to the Commercial Controller, and dotted line to the Financial Controller, in a finance team of 12, duties will include:
- Support the business leaders by providing valuable commercial analysis and insight of global operations, to include understanding customers, margins, diversification of service offering and competition. This should cover:
- Forecasting financial performance;
- Understanding the pricing mechanisms of our services;
- Identifying where the business is strong and where it needs improvement (data trends of market sectors);
- Financially analysing new geographies or markets;
- Assessing and monitoring risks.
- Lead the financial side of the annual business planning process, and the quarterly re-forecasts. This includes cash flow modelling to look at the impact of the forecasts on the cash balance, and a review of the group's minimum cash holding policy;
- Support the Group Commercial Controller in evaluating investment choices;
- Provide financial support in operational bidding and pricing decisions;
- Have the vision to help instigate the financial development of the Agresso Business World global ERP system and related reporting tools
- Be visible and integrated into the business and provide training and support as required.
- Continuous improvement in relation to reporting tools within Finance and out to the business;
- Providing day-to-day support to the Executive Management Team, Division Heads and Office Leaders to achieve corporate goals and objectives;
- Running and analysing the market dashboard data;
- Cash-flow statements, forecasting and management of strategic P&L/ Cash model;
- Calculation of GBR's (Group break-even rates);
- Calculation of corporate overhead allocation, and providing insight to the allocation metrics, and effect on tax positions;
- Running and analysing utilisation data;
- Completion of monthly finance presentations.
The role will work in close partnership with the Group Commercial Controller to ensure that the business is provided with timely and relevant commercial insight to better enable the decision-making process.
The role will be hands on and varied and will enable the person to gain a range of skills and experience in an environment that allows and encourages interaction and partnering with the consulting business, alongside regular interaction and reporting to the Executive team.
This role is crucial for cultivating a data-driven culture with the right insight, and for providing the data to make real-time decisions and business critical choices.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent). Strong preference for Practice qualified ACAs.
- University degree educated
- Candidates must have sound analytical and commercial experience, and have demonstrable experience of partnering with non finance.
- Project Accounting experience would be a plus
- Professional Services industry experience highly desirable but not essential
- International company experience desirable but not essential
- Agresso systems experience desirable but not essential
- Proficient Excel skills a must
- Instinctive feel and understanding of data to provide succinct and relevant insight to a business on a timely basis
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Effective and confident communicator
- Sense of humour
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80709025