Lead Software Developer - C#, Net, MVC, RESTful
My client are seeking a Development Team Leader to take on an exciting role within their busy team. Reporting to the Head of Development, looking for a hands-on leader, who will collaborate with the team to ensure the effective development, support, testing and maintenance of our products.
A strong team culture is part of our way of life.
They are in the process of refreshing a product suite to take advantage of the latest technologies. This means that there is plenty of opportunity for you to demonstrate creativity in Greenfield development.
You will have the opportunity to work on the full product life cycle using agile methodologies and will thrive in a fast-paced environment, solving complex problems within a company that has 100+ staff.
What will you be doing
- You will line-manage a team of developers, conducting performance management, escalation management and administration
- You will be involved in hands-on development with a variety of technologies in an agile environment approx. 70% development.
- You will build an effective working relationship with our product team, assisting them in the construction of user stories
- You will help teams to estimate work to allow the business to make informed decisions
- You will write unit tests and peer-review code to ensure our output is of the highest quality
- You will help us maintain the standard of our codebase by carrying out performance improvements and refactoring code to snuff out technical debt
- You will work towards release timelines
- You will become a subject matter expert and technical lead in key nominated areas of our systems
- You will share knowledge by coaching and mentoring other members of the team
- Strong knowledge of OO principles: DRY, SOLID and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of RESTful web services
- .NET MVC / WebApi
- Unit test frameworks - e.g. NUnit
- SQL Server and strong data modelling abilities, understanding of normal forms
- Awareness of Agile/Scrum, Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Knowledge of version control software, such as Git or SVN
- Typescript, webpack, NPM
- Scrum Master experience
- Relevant industry certification
- Only candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK need apply.
For immediate consideration and to hear more about this opportunity please apply below or forward your CV ASAP to or call 07908 859 947.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80711338