Financial Accounting Manager
Dover Fueling Solutions (DFS), which includes well-known brands such as Tokheim and Wayne, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of fuel dispensing equipment, providing forecourt retailers with complete fuel solutions including; dispensers, pumps, retail automation systems, media devices, spare parts, installation and service. Dover Fueling Solutions now has operations in +30 countries, a current turnover of over $900M and over 2,600 employees. The company possesses an enviable customer base covering independent retailers, supermarkets and major oil companies.
Role : Financial Accounting Manager
Location : Dundee, United Kindgom
Start Date : Spring 2018
The Financial Accounting Manager role is part of the Dispenser Business Unit (DBU) and is based in Dundee. This is the main manufacturing operation in Europe and produces fuel dispensers. Reporting to the Financial Controller for Dundee, this is a key finance role within a dynamic, growing business requiring a high calibre individual.
This role is central to the finance structure and will be highly visible both within the Dundee operation and across the broader group.
The main function of the role is to lead all aspects of Financial accounting and reporting requirements for the Dundee factory. Managing through excellence in Business Partnering, Reporting, Financial Best Practice, Business Change and Communication.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Ensuring the delivery of monthly results and supporting information in line with the corporate timetable.
• Main point of contact for Dover Group reporting requirements.
• Deliver best in class P&L and Balance Sheet reporting, analysis and commentary to the Business
• Leading FRS102, US GAAP and IFRS compliance.
• Ensuring Monthly VAT returns & Intrastat completed on time and complying to all regulations.
• Leading all statutory and Sarbanes Oxley Audits in addition to ensure timely Statutory Filings.
• Delivering all tax submissions on time.
• Main contact for the Dover Shared Service, ensuring compliance to all deadlines.
• Leading the budget and business plan process
• Leading the weekly & monthly forecasting process for cash forecasting and balance sheet.
• Leading Senior Accounting Office certification process.
• Leading Continuous Improvement within the finance and team and with the wider business.
• Work with business managers to assess financial status and identify methods for cost-reduction and efficiency improvements
• Adhoc reporting requirements.
The Financial Accounting Manager position incorporates a blend of technical financial accounting with business partnering, and strong communication / influencing skills which require a high calibre individual who is strong interpersonally, self-motivated, flexible and possesses excellent business acumen. It is important that the Financial Accounting Manager brings energy, drive, passion and a highly inquisitive nature – the business is focussed on innovation and striving for improvement in every facet of its operations.
This role requires a professionally qualified accountant, with a strong financial accounting background. In particular, it is essential that the individual can provide sound financial guidance to aid decision making and possess sufficient gravitas to challenge current thinking.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
• 5 years + Post qualification experience.
• Previous experience within practice and/or a manufacturing environment or related sector beneficial.
• Strong proactive communicator with the ability to engage and influence at all levels.
• Well-developed commercial acumen.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and manage time effectively.
• Strong team player with flexible attitude to work priorities.
• Brings enthusiasm and passion for business, underpinned by first class technical abilities
• Excellent technical and analytical skills
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large amounts of data in excel and other financial systems
• Strong quantitative, financial modelling, process building.
• Ability to lead, influence, build consensus and work effectively in cross functional teams
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to adapt and work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented and rapidly changing environment
• Confident, accountable and solution focused.
• Knowledge & experience of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
What we offer:
The Financial Accounting Manager position incorporates a blend of technical financial accounting with business partnering, and strong communication / influencing skills which require a high calibre individual who is strong interpersonally, self-motivated, flexible and possesses excellent business acumen
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80700427