Process Engineer - Permanent - Medical Devices - Stirling
SRG are working with a highly interesting and specialised Medical Device manufacturer who are looking for an experienced Process Engineer.
They require a permanent employee who will cover all aspects of the current R&D assembly process and high speed manufacturing process carrying out process characterisation & optimisation, developing test methods, driving continuous improvement and crucially identifying which aspects of the product and process influence final device performance. Moving forward, you will be heavily involved in the scaling up of the R&D process to a high volume automated production line.
* Characterisation of product and process
* Develop robust test methods
* Product and process performance monitoring
* Statistical analysis and trend monitoring
* Determine, categorise and develop mitigation for failure modes
* Define critical inputs to product and process
* Develop & improve manufacturing methods utilising knowledge of product design, materials, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment assembly methods.
* Use a methodical approach to all problem solving and report progress in a structured way
* A hands on Process Engineer with a high level of relevant industry experience
* Preferably Degree qualified
* Experience of characterising and optimising product and processes, medical would be an advantage
* Knowledge of statistical process controls, capabilities and analysis techniques
* Experience of developing product specifications and test method validation
* Process validation (OQ/PQ)
* Experience of product verification and validation, through the writing and execution of protocols
* Experience and knowledge of Design of Experiments
* Ability to manage external supplier/technical partners
* Ability to take device ideas from concept through to prototype assembly and performance evaluation
* cGMP experience
* High level of computer literacy
* Competent in documentation and report writing
While the following skills are desirable, it would be an expectation the candidate would be eager and willing to acquire these skills through self-development and guidance within the role.
* Process Excellence Green Belt or Black Belt
If you are intersted in applying for this role please send an updated CV or give me a call on 0161 868 2236 for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80701543