Assistant Engineer - Diss - 37.5 hours per week - £18,500 - £19,500 per annum (depending on experience)Position Description
Hales are currently recruiting for an Assistant Engineer to join our client based at Diss. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the site engineer in all aspects of site maintenance, to meet the commercial requirements of the individual business units whilst maximising efficiency and upholding quality, health, safety and environmental standards.
Duties will include:
Site Maintenance and Operations
- Assist the site engineer in all aspects of day to day maintenance
- To attend breakdowns, and effect repairs across sites
- To assist the engineer in the installation of new equipment and plant
- To cover for the engineer in his absence
- Ensure general housekeeping and hygiene of the workshop and work area is maintained at all times
- Ensure the stores and plant are maintained to a high standard
- Assist site manager in operation of site as required
- Operation of Fork Lift / Loading Shovel and other vehicles around the site as required
Health, Safety and Environment
- Assist the site manager to comply with Health and Safety, Fire and Environmental legislation
- Ensure compliance with the company Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Co-operate and engage in health, safety and environment training as required
- To keep records as required by Health and Safety
- Provide support to the site manager to run the site in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure site security is maintained at all times
Product Line Responsibilities
- No direct product line responsibilities but to be available when time permits to work across all site Operation functions.
- Full driving license
- Ability to work co-operatively with others and independently at times without supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- A flexible approach to working hours specifically in peak periods
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- Counterbalance, Fork Lift (Desirable)
- Loading shovel (desirable)
- Basic engineering skills (desirable)
- Focused on using skills, training and experience to the benefit of the customer.
- Working to put the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Focused on doing the right thing for customers, colleagues and ourselves
- Self-motivated and tenacious
- Flexible approach to work and managing changing priorities
- An effective team player
- Solution focused
- Promote equality and diversity through your attitude and behaviour.
If you feel you have the skills for this role please apply with an up to date CV
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80701363