Willmott Dixon is a privately owned company which operates under three sister companies:
- Willmott Dixon - delivering large construction projects
- Fortem - support services and housing maintenance
- Be Living - property development
The Group has a turnover in excess of £1.4bn and over 2500 employees. All parts of the business are supported from the head office in Letchworth Garden City which houses the main board and a range of support functions including Finance, HR and IT.
About the Finance Team
The Group Finance Team is responsible for providing centralised finance support to the main board and to the individual business units. The team comprises 60 people across Accounting, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Payroll and Sub- Contractor Payments teams. The key responsibilities of the Finance Team are:
- Providing timely and accurate monthly Management Reporting
- Production of all statutory reporting including biannual Group accounts
- Tax and Compliance
- Accounts payable and Subcontract payments
- Treasury and accounts receivable
About the role
The role sits within the Accounting Team responsible for servicing the main operational business units of the Group. The team consists of 9 qualified and non-qualified staff responsible for the Management Accounting and Financial Accounting of the Group. The team also produces the annual report and acts as sponsor to a range of IT developments to improve the efficiency of reporting throughout the group.
- Your role will be based in our head office in Letchworth Garden City. As a management accountant you will be the main finance contact for Fortem, our support services and housing maintenance business. The emphasis will be on providing a first class service to our internal customers.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop a close working relationship with the Fortem business unit and act as their key point of contact, delivering clear and supportive communication.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Fortem's core activities, their customer base and key financial metrics.
- Take ownership and responsibility for all Fortem related work, including review of monthly management reports and quarterly financial schedules to feed into the Group consolidations.
- Contribute to the biannual budgeting process.
- Contribute to the preparation of biannual accounts and ensure they are successfully prepared within the agreed timetable.
- Provide concise, accurate, 'realtime' information cost effectively and with minimum input from the business unit.
- Provide first class customer service to our internal customers and answer queries quickly and accurately.
- Ensure that the capital employed system accurately reflects the true capital employed position of the Fortem business.
- Discuss with your line manager or Financial Controller all events that may affect group or business unit reporting.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of VAT and how it is applied in the construction industry.
- As required assist IT in the development or enhancement of key finance systems.
- Ensure exceptional value for money from the Accounting Team.
- Be objective and impartial investigating problems throughout the Finance Team, and proactive in recommending solutions.
- Continually refine systems and procedures throughout the Finance Team and eliminate any which add insufficient value.
- Minimise (and wherever possible eliminate) administration and paperwork.
- Ensure that sensitive information remains totally confidential.
- Be an expert in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Performance Measures
- You will be a recently qualified management accountant (ACCA or CIMA)
- You will be prepared to take ownership and responsibility for all Fortem related central finance tasks
- You will be able to demonstrate where you made improvements to existing processes
- You will have experience in delivering strong customer service
- You will be a clear and concise communicator
- You will be confident working both independently and as part of a team
- You will be flexible in your approach to work and able to manage their workload efficiently
- You will be able to demonstrate initiative and problem solving
- You will have strong demonstrable Microsoft Excel skills
You will be genuinely interested in the Construction Industry and previous experience in the industry would be useful
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80715113