Senior Software Delivery Manager
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
We are looking for an Senior Software Delivery Manager to lead the team that manages the CBS non-production environment estate and the associated Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and implement the strategy for the Software Delivery & Environments Management service in line with technological & tooling changes, including a move towards Agile & DevOps.
- Co-ordinate the deployment of software and hardware changes, whilst ensuring stability and availability of environments to support the project portfolio.
- Provide day to day management & guidance to team members, ensuring the agreed policies, processes and standards for the team are monitored and reports compliance with internal standards.
- Ownership of software deployment tools used to manage source code and orchestrate deployment.
- Owns compliance with external regulatory authorities regards test data usage (DPA).
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A substantial proven background in environment management, with experience of team leadership
- Strong technical experience in industry standard software deployment tools
- Experience of delivering high quality reporting
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Departmental-level transformation experience within Environment Management is highly desirable
- Substantial experience of managing managers and teams of environment support analysts
- Deep technical knowledge of collaboration and software deployment tools such as GitHub, GoCD, Jenkins, Artifactory, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Environment Management processes and procedures
- A working knowledge of Windows, SQL and Unix servers is advantageous
- Strong technical awareness and knowledge of latest testing methodologies and tools
- Excellent planning and organising skills are necessary as the role often requires tasks to be prioritised, reprioritised and re-negotiated as unforeseen events occur.
- A good manager of people, with excellent communication skills at all levels internal and external to the department.
- Comprehensive people leadership / management skills.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Strong analytical mind-set with the ability to extract relevant information from documentation, system data, clients and colleagues and analyse the gathered information
- Maintenance and support of test environments considering future implications beyond the immediate requirement which may involve the creation of new approaches and procedures to design, maintain or solve environment issues
- Manage Test environment scheduling & resourcing.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80701606