Job Title: Legal Counsel
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President / Vice President
You will be joining the Fixed Income Currencies (FIC) Markets team, which provides legal advice and support to the Rates, Foreign Exchange (FX), flow Credit, Listed & Clearing and other business lines.
You will be handling transactions, usually in derivative, stock loan or repo format, and you will be dealing with disputes; providing specialist support to other teams tasked with 'flow' documentation.
- Drafting and negotiating derivative, repo and other transactions
- Providing legal advisory support to the Rates, FX and flow Credit business lines
- Assisting with regulatory reform projects
- Troubleshooting, by dealing with defaults, restructures and occasional disputes
- Supporting 'flow' teams within Legal and Documentation departments
- Advising on document development, for example in respect of clearing or new margining rules
- Advising on legal aspects of market infrastructure such as exchanges, trading platforms and clearing houses
- Establishing and maintaining e-commerce platforms
Skills & Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of the law applied to financial markets and an awareness of current trends in the law and regulation
- Broad knowledge of derivatives and related collateral arrangements, such as ISDA documentation and/or GMRA and/or GMSLA
- Understanding of the broader debt markets and/or finance techniques (such as taking security and intercreditor arrangements) would be beneficial
- A thoughtful and practical approach to problem solving
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Previous experience of working in private practice or an international bank
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80706736