Head of Trading - OUTFIT
About The Brand
Our Global Vision is to be the world’s fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
To drive Outfit’s commercial strategy in partnership with the Managing Director; defining and communicating a clear vision of the future and translating this into achievable goals and targets.
Day To Day
- Accountable for the product proposition and space management across the portfolio.
- Drives Outfit’s trading strategy across all the Arcadia & concession brands; potentialising all brands.
- Optimises space across the Retail estate to deliver density – ‘right brands in the right places.’
- Constantly reviews the store portfolio ensuring that we are maximising potential in all markets, identifies new market opportunities, manages new store openings and store modernisations, identifies underperforming markets and protects the most profitable stores. Drives and implements new business opportunities (including 3rd party partnerships) and leads on delivering these into the business with the most appropriate finance model.
- Analyses trading patterns – identifying opportunities and risks and taking appropriate action to further potentialise sales or manage unforeseen sales reactions.
- Builds and maintains a strong and varied network of contacts across Arcadia & external partners. Communicates with all to achieve win-win situations (internally & externally).
- Acts as a business owner, communicating key trading activity to the wider business and senior leaders.
Develops A High Performing Team
- With Senior Management Team, defines and communicates clear vision of the future – translates into understandable goals and targets.
- Provides positive leadership, supporting brand/ company policy/ strategy and encourages others to do so.
- Develops skills of the team – identifies individual training needs as well as encourages effective teamwork.
- Pre-empts the need for, and manages change – supporting teams throughout the process.
- Previous Product Merchandising experience within Retail landscape.
- Strategic Awareness & Thinking – Ability to initiate new strategic direction for business and realise the objectives. Develop new ideas, consider potential outcomes and develop action plan.
- Profit Focussed – skilled at finding opportunities to achieve profit in any situation, trading mentality to support and develop business.
- Results Focussed – committed to making things happen, ability to juggle initiatives and looks to prioritise those that will have bigger impact on business.
- Trading Mentality – Ability to work at pace, challenge results and information to identify challenges, drive for results and track record of success.
The Exciting Part
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80713258