Business Systems Analyst
Financial Systems Analyst needed for a Healthcare Business, to be based at our Finance Centre in Nottingham.
City & County Healthcare provide valuable services to older people and vulnerable members of communities across the UK. As our business is growing rapidly, we also need to support that growth with robust back office processes and a talented staff team. In this newly created role you will act as an important link between the Finance team, Application Support and the Operational Staff across our branch network.
The role will be based within a busy Finance Team, you will be responsible for ensuring the seamless work flow of financial data from Recruitment through to Debt Collection. You will be required to work closely with the other key roles within the finance department to ensure any disputed invoices are negotiated swiftly to bring payment within the agreed terms and required deadlines.
This is an exciting, challenging and diverse role which requires an eye for detail and the desire to constantly improve and innovate through process refinement and inter-team collaboration.
Your roles and responsibilities are:
- Liaise with Credit Control in dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating re-payment plans
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Gather, define, refine & input rates for new and existing branches
- Ensure that annual rate updates are completed in line with NMW & NLW
- Working with all layers of the business for rates clarification and updates from Administrators to Managing Directors.
- Work with the Sales Ledger Team to handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Manage poor Electronic Call Monitoring performance and work with end users to ensure the correct and timely use of the core system
- Identify and recommend process improvements by liaising with the relevant Operation, Finance and Application Support teams
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management
- Maintain up to date sales ledger
- Input sales ledger transactions into our Accounts Software, Access Dimensions
- Deal with invoice queries
- Ensure that all targets and deadlines are achieved
- Be involved in training and coaching of new and existing system users and newly-trained staff
- Aid branch staff and offices that are going through implementations through support on systems during any down time.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage and best practises
- Collaborate with analysts, designers and system owners in the test of new software programs and applications
The following experience is desirable:
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of delivering group or 1 to 1 training
- Experience in process definition/refinement
- Experience of working in a project environment
- Previous experience within healthcare sector
- Previous experience in a finance environment
- Previous experience in an operational environment
- Previous experience with an Application Support environment
- Previous experience with Electronic Call Monitoring systems such as CM2000 / Ezitracker
- Working knowledge of AGILE - Scrum methodology / PRINCE2
- Exceptional self-motivation, persistence and diligence while being trustworthy, intuitive, and methodical
- Ability to demonstrate a logical thought process to establish a route cause to billing errors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Very strong organisational and time management skills, able to demonstrate the ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
A full UK driving license is essential as travel to branches may be a requirement.
Please send your CV in the first instance for consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80700340