Regional Service Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity for a Service Engineer to join the team at Nationwide Platforms in a Regional role. As a Regional Service Engineer, you will be based out of the Dundee depot but have the flexibility to cover the Scotland & the North (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Durham & Aberdeen) ensuring that the fleet within the region is maintained, repaired and serviced to a high standard that is expected by the customer. In this role as a Regional Service Engineer you will need to be flexible to travel between depots and prepared for nights away on occasions.
Responsibilities include: -
- Be required to support the engineering dept (s) within the North East/Scotland region.
- Repair machines at depot or on site as required to ensure conformance with manufactures specification and company policy
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of machines at client premises and at depot as required, and in conformance with manufacture’s specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use
- Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine. Notify appropriate manager of any defective or unsafe equipment
- To complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer’s report, off hire/pre-delivery inspection and service sheets.
The ideal candidate will have: -
- Has previous supervisory experience (but not essential)
- Relevant experience or qualifications within the powered industry
- Experience in plant, diesel engineering, auto electrics, hydraulics, diagnostics fault finding and servicing HGV’s.
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the importance of excellent customer service
- Strong organisational, time management and good commercial awareness
- Be computer literate
- Be flexible to travel around the North of England as this is a regional role.
In return you will receive:
- A Competitive Salary
- Free Parking
- Health Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Pension capped at 5%
- 25 days holiday
For further information please contact the Recruitment Team on 01455 206808 or . If you do not hear within 6 weeks of your application please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Nationwide Platforms, the UK's market leaders in powered access rentals and working at height training. Operating from 26 depots across the country, we provide a fleet of more than 11,300 machines. We are also part of the world's largest specialist access rental business, Lavendon Group plc
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80698773