Settling claims as quickly and on the best terms possible by :-:
- Negotiation of those claims through to closure to obtain optimum settlement in accordance with individual KPIs, IASA requirements and statutory limits.
- Manages inbound and outbound telephone calls from policyholders and third party's to assist in swift closure of claims and to reduce any unnecessary costs of the claim
- On receipt of a new Claim contact policyholders where necessary to obtain any further information to assist liability decision.
- Pro-active 'capture' of claimants to provide hire / LOU / PI settlement where appropriate
- Handles own portfolio of claims using 'chase'/diary system to ensure claims are closed at the earliest possible time and in cost effective way.
- Effective use of outside agents where appropriate to assist in obtaining optimum settlement of claim.
- Ensures that reserves and other recordable information on the claims system are accurate and up to date at all times in accordance with the IASA.
- Recognise complaints in line our clients procedures
Critical Success Factors
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to 'take ownership' of possible problem issues which may occur during the lifetime of a claim
- Ability to prioritise so as to be able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision and referrals.
- Good Knowledge of liability issues allowing decisions to be made which are accurate and sustainable.
- Conversant with CPR / MOJ Portal and how the rules impact on the claims handling process
- Conversant with the RTA in particular sections 140/155 and how these apply to the claims process.
- Good knowledge of all our clients's policy documents (and any differences between the various classes of business) and the Company's strategy and procedures relating to them.
- Thoroughly conversant with the company's procedures in particular to their reserving and closure policy as per the IASA
- Ability to deal with personal Injury claims (including accurate valuation) through to a satisfactory conclusion with minimal supervision.
- Uses experience and all available tools to spot potentially fraudulent claims. Plan and undertake all necessary investigations, with limited supervision, to try to defeat the claims pre- litigation. Demonstrates decision making skills to determine which claims are worthy of contesting. Must be able to deal competently and confidently with litigated claims, making important decisions, when required.
- Good all-round knowledge of the litigation process including an appreciation of procedures (timescales, allocation etc.), related costs-issues and implications.
- Conversant and up to date with Credit Hire and the ABI GTA and our clients's procedures and approach to those claims.
- Pro-active approach to 'capture' third parties by phone or letter
- Early notification to CRU of all personal Injury claims and confirming settlement
- Ability to use own initiative with minimal referrals
- Willing to share workload of other team members when required
- Flexible approach to tasks required when under pressure i.e. staff holidays/absence
- On approaching any extended leave, every effort to be made to clear outstanding work
Minimum Behavioural Requirements
- Checks for understanding
- Communicates clearly and concisely , both verbally and in writing
- Is proactive, and shows a 'can do' attitude
- Is focussed on customers (internal and external) - shows this in words and actions
- Considers other points of view
- Encourages others to reach their goals as well as their own
- Values input and assistance from others and gives proper credit for help received
- Is supportive and generous in sharing knowledge
- Works for the good of the team and acts upon work requests from more senior staff
- Is aware of the impact of her/his actions on others
- Raises important issues effectively but also provide suggestions/ recommendations for way forward
- Performs calmly and effectively under pressure
- Treats all people respectfully and courteously
- Deals with disagreements to achieve a positive outcome for all parties
- Takes responsibility for actions and decision and admits mistakes
- Inspires trust, and acts with integrity and honesty
- Displays positive behaviour and reacts in a consistent manner
- Follows through and delivers on promises
- Reacts well to constructive as well as positive feedback, and will modify own behaviour as a result in a positive way
- Keeps emotions in check without disrupting others
- Considerate of colleagues' time and commitments (eg arrives for meetings prepared and on time)
- Make effective decisions commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Continually strives for self-development as part of a personal development plan
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80713092