An exciting, not to be missed opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Engineer to work on a major and prestigious project within a busy team based in Worcester. Whilst mainly working from our client's base in Worcester, you may also need to travel to various sites related to the project. This is an ongoing contract that will potentially run for 5 years or more.
Our client is a well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year.
As a Project Engineer you will be accountable to the Project Manager for the Construction, Maintenance, Repair and Faults on the electrical network and up to and including 66kV. In addition you will be responsible for the programming and monitoring of immediate work colleagues, switching up to 66kV.
As a Project Engineer your responsibilities will include;
- The maintenance, construction, reinforcement, alteration and replacement of assets.
- The issue of safety documents up to 66kV and permits to work
- Work programming/coordinating outages and writing switching schedules
- The ideal candidate will be a HV SAP i.e. have Senior Authorised status, or at least be HV Appointed Person
- HV experience in an industrial or outdoor environment e.g. plant / cabling / OHL
- Have experience working for a DNO
- Experience of working on substations, live lines and switching at 11kV or higher preferable
- Familiarity with HV safety procedure and knowledge of documentation (Limitation of Access / Permit to Work)
- Identification, Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of LV and HV cables
In return for being a Project Engineer you will receive on-going training and support, a competitive starting salary with annual increases, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays and free parking at all sites/depots.
To apply please click Apply Now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80713383