Governance Engineer (Fixed term contract)
£40,000 - £48,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Governance Engineer to work at their facility based near Leven
- The engineer will be involved in the continuous improvement of Governance within the site. This will include COMAH, PUWER and LOLER compliance so it would be beneficial if the engineer had experience in explosive atmosphere environments. We are looking for both mechanical and electrical assistance
- The site is a top tier COMAH site. Health & Safety and Safe systems of Work are priority.
- Delivering Manufacturing Excellence objectives inclusive of 5'S' & Asset Care.
- Working with the Global Risk Management Standards - H&S, C&E, Statutory Regulations, COMAH
- Ensure own work area complies with all legal and Risk Standards.
- Ensure all maintenance operations comply with the Risk Management Standards, this includes COMAH where there is a risk of spirit spill/fire. Aware of impact regarding COMAH Critical Plant
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexible approach.
- A good communicator
- Provide support to deliver dept. key KPI's OEE, ATP and CI.
- Technical background is essential
- Experience in SAP is desirable
· This role will involve a requirement to work shift and will occasionally require working weekends including weekend night shift.
- As a key member of the site Governance team - role holder will be required to liaise with a range of people, both internally and externally - from operators to senior managers; to training companies, suppliers and on occasion governing bodies.
- Experience in working on the undernoted plant would be beneficial
- Mechanical pumps.
- Pipework repairs including welding.
- Pressure systems
- RO plant maintenance
- Awareness of Crisis management and COMAH Regulations
- Working at Height.
- Working in confined spaces
- Process control systems
- General facilities maintenance
· Minimum of significant site engineering experience in a FMCG packaging environment.
· Must have completed a recognised apprenticeship or gained a mechanical and/or electrical HNC or equivalent.
- Experience of working within explosive atmospheres would be highly beneficial.
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/04/2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80703280