Front-end Web Developer
Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivering great value women’s fashion, menswear and children’s clothing. They are looking for a front end web developer to support the content team and work with external agencies in maintaining web pages and existing website features. You will work closely with the web content team and the design team on delivering the day to day collateral for the web site. You will also scope, code and implement new developments and features on websites.
Front-end Web Developer - The Role:
- Work with our Graphics team to turn visual designs into functional and user-friendly client-side applications using jQuery, HTML and CSS
- Manage front-end site updates and ensure integrity of the current site content
- Create and manage new static site content
- Create email templates for the web content team from visuals supplied by the Graphics team, and build marketing emails using industry standard layouts and HTML
- Support the teams in preparing digital images for online use internally or for use by third parties
- Use the CMS system to handle product lines, update product details and prepare the site for sale periods with the content team.
- Support cross-browser and platform compatibility testing of new developments
Front-end Web Developer - The Candidate:
- You will be a team player which is a key element to us, and want to work in a dynamic team that faces new challenges every day.
- The ability to communicate clearly is important, as is a great eye for detail and a perfectionist approach.
- You have to be able to work in a busy environment and manage multiple workflows.
- Interests in the latest web technologies and web standards outside work are essential.
- Working with HTML tables - Experience in using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of AJAX, PHP, MySQL and WordPress would be an advantage
- Proven ability to hand code
- Experience or an understanding of GIT/SVN version control and deployment would be an advantage
- An understanding and appreciation of the following: Web Standards – W3C (including WAI), SEO, Web Usability, Familiar with cross-browser compatibility testing, Mobile-specific or Responsive Design front-end development knowledge would be useful
Front-end Web Developer - The package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80709886