Back End Team Engineer - Global eCom, Relocate to Bangkok
Our client is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. They are part of the largest online travel company in the world. They have the dynamism and short chain of command of a start-up and the capital to make things happen. What's stopping you from getting in touch?
Their rapidly growing IT organisation are looking for software engineers from many different experiences and qualifications to strengthen back end engineering team.
Being a software engineer isn't just about developing software. It's about being a centre piece of the innovation and technical excellence that the rapidly changing field of online travel requires.
Do you find yourself frequently pondering:
- How to do things faster and better?
- How technology could interact?
- How a new technology would help you to do new things?
- How a customer would use your products?
If so, this the right place for you.
When you join as an engineer you'll think about the full life cycle of the products, and not just about a single piece of code. From customer requirements, technology selection to coding standards, agile development, unit and application testing.
Some of the technologies they work with:
- Scala, C# or Java. You might have experience in other languages but are confident you can learn.
- Data platforms like SQL, Cassandra or Hadoop. You understand that different applications have different data requirements.
- Core engineering infrastructure tools like Git for source control, Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Puppet for deployment.
You might call yourself 'full stack' or 'back end' or you might consider yourself an authority in a certain field, but you will have a keen interest in how the different systems work together.
We'd love to hear from you if you are experienced in any of the technologies we work with (note - we are not looking for you to have them all). We are interested in speaking to persons of any level from individuals just starting their IT careers to experts in their field.
- Generous annual leave increasing each year with additional business and family leave days
- 15 days of public holidays
- Provident fund
- Local or International health insurance options available
- Staff discounts on hotel bookings
- Staff discount scheme on restaurants, flights and local amenities
- Free Thai or English classes (if you want to learn or improve these skills)
Please apply now and we will tell you all about the numerous projects our client currently has on the go.
We are happy to receive CV's from both international & local applicants as our client offers relocation assistance and visa sponsorship for eligible persons.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80708347