Tax and Trust executive
Trust and Tax executive job with accountancy practice in Bury St Edmunds. Flexible on salary, good benefits
Hays practice is seeking a Tax Executive to be based in the tax department of a highly reputable local firm.
The Bury St Edmunds office centres on agriculture, medical practices, owner managed businesses and private clients.
The responsibilities include;
- Trust & Estate self-assessment tax returns and personal tax returns including related tax calculations using the firm's software (CCH). All related correspondence with clients, HM Revenue & Customs and third parties as required. Monitoring and working to related deadlines.
- Trust & Estate accounts using the firm's software (CCH Trust Accounts).
- Monitoring deadlines on Trusts and Estates such as ten yearly charges and beneficial entitlements.
- Dealing with the day-to-day administration on clients.
- Inheritance Tax returns for Trusts and Estates.
- Ad hoc advisory work, such as advising on Trust distributions.
- Provide support on planning projects and researching technical issues on tax advisory work. Drafting clear, concise and accurate advisory letters for review by a senior member of staff.
- Assisting in the training and mentoring of junior members of staff.
- Provide support in dealing with telephone calls, client meetings and general office administration.
- Carry out any other duties to meet with the needs of the business
- A competitive salary
- 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Matching employer pension contributions of up to 6% salary
- Salary sacrifice available for pension contributions
- Income Protection if you are off work due to long term illness or injury equal to 50% of salary until State Pension Age
- Private Health Insurance - Individual cover available
- Paid study leave (if appropriate)
- All professional exams, study books, revision courses and resources paid for (at the first attempt)
- Up to two professional subscriptions paid for
- Encouragement to develop and learn by attending training courses and CPD events
- Employee Assistance programme
- Length of service recognition
- Social events paid for or subsidised by the firm
Please contact Cara Whyte at Hays or 01603 760141 for more details
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80687810