I am working with a charity based in Morley, Leeds. Due to an increase in work they are looking to recruit a temporary ledger clerk for 2 months (in the first instance). The client is will consider 20-30 hours per week and are completely open to the hours worked.
- To enable the Groundwork Leeds, North Yorkshire and Wakefield Group, to fulfil their mission to bring about lasting environmental improvements through partnerships and contributing to the economic and social regeneration of the area.
- Check invoices against purchase orders, that they are signed in accordance with the GAM
- Code and accurately enter invoices on to the finance system in a timely manner
- Promptly investigate and resolve any queries with Suppliers/procurement as necessary.
- Inform the supervisor/manager of any unresolved queries.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Responsible for processing payment runs
- Develop strong internal and external relationships to ensure excellent customer service.
- Renew and maintain purchase ledger and supplier accounts.
- To provide timely and accurate financial information to enable effective management of the project programme
- To undertake duties in accordance with the Trust’s Financial Regulations.
- Maintain and develop the operation of the Group’s financial accounting systems including the continuous improvements, development and maintenance of systems and procedures
- Provide information to project officers & managers when required.
- Other duties as required by the Finance Manager to ensure the efficient running of the section
- As well as carrying out his/her own specific duties; he/she will be required to participate in the wider activities of the Group and Region. Effective teamwork is essential as well as the need to work on his/her own initiative. He/she will also be required to work alongside others in many instances
- To represent the Trust at meetings, conferences and other events where appropriate
- Comply with the no smoking policy in place
- Comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices
- Ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment
- Identify cost reductions and efficient savings
If you are available immediately and interested in this role, please apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80694076