Logistics Inventory Engineer
Logistics Inventory Operations Engineer / Inventory Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Logistics Inventory Operations Engineer / Inventory Manager to join a market leading, growing Logistics (3PL) and Supply Chain Solutions provider.
Ideally we are looking to talk to candidates from an Automotive / Manufacturing or 3PL background.
You will be responsible for:
Managing day to day Inventory and Stock.
Managing a small team of 4.
Identify inventory issues through audits, continuous process improvement, to liaise with Operations to drive improvements.
Adopt Six Sigma, Lean Kanban where possible.
With over 100 locations across 20 countries delivering bets in class Inbound / Outbound Logistics, Fulfilment Reverse / Repair and Freight Management.
Our client have a strong market presence which is why they provide solutions to companies such as VW, Ford Jaguar Land rover, BMW, IBM, DLL, and many more.
We now have a unique opportunity to join this 3PL supply Chain specialist as an Operations Engineer, managing day to day inventory and stock allocation.
- Management of the day to day activity of the inventory control function within the smart office
- Manage all line side system maintenance activities (buttons, kanbans, visual management) are delivered on time and in full
- Manage stock allocation, master data, visual management & pick routing logic in marketplace
- Monitor stock levels and actively work with RFU on items identified as having insufficient or excess stock on hand
- Ensure root cause analysis is completed on transaction exception codes and the identification and implementation of corrective measures where appropriate
- Provide analysis, reporting and presentation to senior management team to support WBR, MBR and other meetings as appropriate
- Owner of stock metrics - inventory accuracy, replenishment efficiency, hours in pick, pick wave efficiency, transactions completed right first time
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities in stock based processes
- Drive process and behavioural practices to improve stock accuracy levels
- Drive continual improvement in performance within stock based processes
- Develop current and future material flows to improve the functional areas.
- Support the business through the active participation in the implementation of new layouts, processes, technology and equipment.
- Develop presentations to illustrate design methodology, recommendations and results.
- Actively contribute to cost saving activities and the achievement of the 5% year on year target
- Preferably educated to degree level in a related discipline
- Lean and Six Sigma practitioner
- Ability to communicate and present effectively across all levels of the business on lean techniques and methodology
- Ability to interpret data and derive solid conclusions from the statistical analysis
- Possess strong IT skills and able to utilize a number of software applications - Advanced excel user, Intermediate autocad preferable
- Strong operational experience
- Change management skills
Successful applicants will have Operations experience gained in Logistics / Automotive and Manufacturing
For more information send your CV now for an immediate response.
Salary: competitive £35,000-£40,000 + benefits
WR Support Services are the #1 recruitment partner for supply chain, procurement and marketing staff, recruiting UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80716535